As a member of the Hickory Golf Association*, you would join the ranks of golfers who are demonstrating their dedication and commitment to the game of golf as it was played before the year 1935. Membership in the Hickory Golf Association creates a direct link between individuals like you who are dedicated to maintaining the excellence of this The Hickory Golf Association, a nonprofit organization that will contribute to worthy causes and charities in your community.
Hickory Golf Association membership provides valuable benefits and services. It allows its members to participate as an amateur or professional in golf tournaments that have cash purses as defined by the United States Golf Association. It can also save members money. Please take time to review the many money saving benefits listed within this booklet, and how you can take advantage of them.
Your membership is important to us in many ways. It allows us to provide quality programs and services to golfers who have not yet had the experience of playing with hickory shafted clubs. In the near future, the HGA will provide services such as the e-Magazine, education and club repair programs, standardization of the rules for hickory play, lists of hickory player friendly golf courses, and traditional activities such as schedules and sponsorship of tournaments. Your membership demonstrates your support of the HGA to its sponsors and friends.
Thank you for your interest in the Hickory Golf Association. Your membership will further expand the resources available to the Hickory Golf Association. I encourage you to take an active interest with the Hickory Golf Association in your region. This will help us all to preserve the traditions of the game.
Very truly yours,
William W. Reed
* The Hickory Golf Association, is not affiliated with the Professional Golf Association referred to as the PGA.
Hickory Golf Association Mission
The HGA will maintain traditions of excellence in the promotion of golf and equipment used or equipment crafted as it was in the hickory era, circa pre-1935.
Hickory Golf Association Vision
A shared vision for the realization of opportunity for players to participate and promote the use of hickory shafted golf clubs in both recreational and tournament events.
Hickory Golf Association Core Values
Member Focused, Integrity in the Brand, Professional Service and Business Dealings with its members, sponsors, and charities.
General Objectives of the Hickory Golf Association
- Promote interest in the game of golf with hickory shafted clubs.
- Enhance the image of the HGA at all levels of society and business.
- Create a greater awareness of the HGA and its members.
- Ensure ongoing educational and training opportunities for all Members.
- Increase Member income opportunities through business and tournaments.
- Continue to build a strong financial and administrative base for the Association.
- Evaluate and refine HGA services for effective and efficient operation.
- Providing services for the golf industry and its collectors in all areas where possible.
- Develop closer relationships with all antique golf organizations.
- To identify and promote golf facilities that were built in the hickory era and courses that would be suitable for hickory play.
- Continue the development of a Certified Antique Club Repair program.
- Continue the development of a Certified Antique Club Rental program.